2014-11-17

Suit of One Color



"Only Lisa and [Today team member Sylvia Jeffreys] know about the suit. They often remark that it's getting a bit stinky. I'm hoping to get it into the dry cleaners at the end of the year."


Karl Stefanovic revealed that (as a comment on sexism in the media) he has been wearing the same suit on air every day for a year and NO ONE noticed.

After female co-hosts were constantly criticized about what they wore, he began his one suit marathon to see if the same would happen to him.

Yeah, no.

"No one has noticed; no one gives a shit. But women, they wear the wrong colour and they get pulled up. They say the wrong thing and there’s thousands of tweets written about them. Women are judged much more harshly and keenly for what they do, what they say and what they wear… I’ve worn the same suit on air for a year - except for a couple of times because of circumstance - to make a point. I’m judged on my interviews, my appalling sense of humour - on how I do my job, basically. Whereas women are quite often judged on what they’re wearing on how their hair is." -Karl Stefanovic

No comments: